Does my car need a CV Joint Replacement?
The most common warning signs (from most revealing to least revealing) are:
- a clicking noise is heard when
- accelerating or turning
- vibration in the steering wheel
- a split CV boot
- grease or oil stains on driveway
What could happen if I just ignore the problem?
You face the risk of:
- failing your next WOF check
- a roadside breakdown
- causing extensive driveline damage, costing you thousands of dollars to repair
What does a CV Joint Replacement involve?
Our CV Joint Replacement Service includes the following:
- check CV joints
- check ball joints
- remove CV joint
- clean and inspect axle spline
- replace circlip
- repack and install new CV joint & clips
How will a CV Joint Replacement improve my motoring?
Apart from eliminating the problems and future risks, you will enjoy:
- smoother acceleration
- smoother cornering
How much does a CV Joint
For a standard four-cylinder, petrol-powered car (includes manual or automatic, but excludes 4WDs and turbo-powered vehicles), a CV joint replacement will cost $150 including GST, parts and labour per side.
For most other cars (diesels, 4WDs; turbo-powered vehicles; six and eight cylinders), a CV joint replacement will cost $320 including GST, parts and labour per side.
What should I do now?
We suggest you:
- Phone us on (04) 567 2258 to book your car in; or
- Bring your car in for a FREE 5 minute appraisal and quote (Yes! We provide FREE written WINZ quotes); or
- Phone us on (04) 567 2258 for more
information – we’re more than happy to advise you!