Does my car need a Clutch Replacement?
This service only applies to manual transmission vehicles. The most common warning signs (from most revealing to least revealing) are:
- difficult or impossible to change gears
- a noise (rumbling or squealing) is heard when using the clutch
- a burning smell emanates from the engine
- oil leaks on the driveway
- clutch pedal is unusually high or low
- high fuel consumption
- slow to move off, slipping sensation
What could happen if I just ignore the problem?
You face the risk of:
- total inability to changes gears, leading to a roadside breakdown
- causing extensive damage to flywheel, costing hundreds of dollars to repair
- oil leaks worsen
- possible damage to your gearbox
What does a Clutch Replacement involve?
Our Clutch Replacement includes:
- check CV or universal joint
- check engine mounts
- change gearbox oil
- check condition of flywheel (and grind if required)
- check oil seals
- align and replace clutch plate
- align and replace pressure plate
- replace release bearing
- check spigot bearing (and replace if required)
- check clutch hydraulics or cable
- check and adjust clutch clearance
How will a Clutch Replacement improve my motoring?
Once we have finished the job you will enjoy:
- easier gear changes
- increased fuel efficiency
- smoother, quieter take off
How much does a Clutch Replacement cost?
For a standard petrol-powered vehicle (four, six or eight cylinder), the labour-only cost of a clutch replacement is $240 including GST. The cost of the clutch parts (extra) vary from vehicle to vehicle, but generally range between $200 and $500 including GST.
For other cars (diesels, 4WDs and turbo-powered vehicles), the labour-only cost of a clutch replacement is $360 including GST. The cost of the clutch parts (extra) vary from vehicle to vehicle, but generally range between $250 and $1,000
Please note: the grinding of the flywheel (if required) may involve an additional charge (usually around $45) for some vehicles.
What should I do now?
We suggest you:
- Phone us on (04) 567 2258 to book your car in; or
- Bring your car in for a FREE 5 minute appraisal and quote (Yes! We provide FREE written WINZ quotes); or
- Phone us on (04) 567 2258 for more information – we’re more than happy to advise you!