Does my car need a Transmission Flush?
A transmission flush is only relevant for automatic transmissions. The most common warning signs (from most revealing to least revealing) are:
- difficult or impossible to select gears
- slipping occurs during gear shifts
- frequently missing gear shifts
- discoloured transmission oil ie. a dark brown colour (in most cases it should be red)
- transmission oil smells burnt
- over 30,000 kms since last transmission flush
What could happen if I just ignore the problem?
You face the risk of:
- a total inability to select gears,
- leading to a possible roadside
- causing extensive damage to transmission, costing you thousands of dollars to repair
What does a Transmission Flush involve?
Our Transmission Flush includes the following:
- check transmission pipes and hoses
- check transmission pressure
- replace transmission oil
- circulate and filter transmission oil
- add transmission flush & treatment additives
- check operation of transmission
How will a Transmission Flush improve my motoring?
Once we have finished the job you will enjoy:
- smoother gear changes
- extended life of your transmission
How much does a Transmission Flush cost?
For most vehicles, a transmission flush will cost $160 including GST, parts and labour. However, an extra charge will apply for vehicles that require a special grade of oil; or vehicles that require more than six litres of oil (we can advise you of this before the job is started).
What should I do now?
We suggest you:
- Phone us on (04) 567 2258 to book your car in; or
- Bring your car in for a FREE 5 minute appraisal and quote (Yes! We provide FREE written WINZ quotes); or
- Phone us on (04) 567 2258 for more information – we’re more than happy to advise you!